Thursday, May 31, 2007

Hobby? Habit? Obsession?

i think i have a new habit. I've done this enough times to see a pattern developing, but i just can't pass up a good deal. Actually, it started out as a just a "good deal" but now i'm a too emotionally involved. Now I can't resist.



Its all about the flowers, people. They are on clearance at Wal-Mart and need to go to a good home. They have been neglected, mal-nourished and left abandoned. All they want is a little attention and a good home. Who can pass that up? Especially when they are reduced 50-75%!!!



The last 3 times i've gone "grocery shopping", i happen to park near the nursery section, so i have to walk past the clearance aisle. Its as bad as seeing all the little unwanted animals stuck in cages at an Adopt-a-thon...except worse! You don't see organizations looking for good homes for these lil' guys, all dried up in their pots. They can't wimper or whine for your attention: they just sit there looking all wilty and semi-brown.


Well, have no fear, my almost-dead, destined-for-compost Pretties! I'm just the sucker you're pining for!! I don't exactly have a green thumb, but i sure love your (once) colorful little faces, and the butterflies you attract. I also don't have the kind of money it takes to have my yard landscaped, so i don't mind the extra attention you need...just so i can get you planted at my home. All you need is a little pruning and Miracle-Gro and you are good as new.

If you are looking for some color in your yard, and don't want to spend a bundle, check out the clearance section. Not unlike an appreciative adopted pet, all these lil fellas need is some TLC and they'll love you back.

1 comment:

Cynda said...

Thanks for the shopping tip. I like a challenge, too. I have an idea to make lots of hanging baskets. Quantity instead of quality!