Wednesday, June 27, 2007

2 Funny Encounters

When i was driving to Houston from Dallas a few weeks ago, i was feeling a little glum. It was raining and i had just left Tready behind for the first time. Then i saw this:

I was sure that my eyes were betraying me when my brain said "There is a truck carrying 4 colorful dragons." I did the full on Lucille-Ball-double-take. Who couldn't smile at this sight?

Speaking of Lucy, i met a bonified, Desilu-trained-and-approved Lucy impersonator last week! My friend and i were treated to a complimentary night at a private party she got us into. She's a great friend of my mom's, who i have heard about for years but hadn't met yet. Our Houston get-together was very impromptu and so much fun!!

My friend had a gift certificate to the Aquarium downtown, which happened to be right near the private party, so we splurged on "Surf & Turf". Then, the party ended up being a Block Party right outside The Rice Hotel and was pretty swanky; everyone was wearing Black & White. It just so happened that we had dressed accordingly, so we felt like we fit right in! It was a beautiful night, not too hot, smack dab in the middle of all the tall buildings.

The band my new Lucy-friend played with is called The Pink Flamingos and they were a hoot! There was some sort of audience participation for every song, and they got that party going. The moment we got there, they pulled us on stage with about 20 other people, and gave us all inflated guitars. We all took turns playing "air guitar" solos...it was so funny. Other party tricks included long strips of bubble wrap for people to jump on, a volleyball net put up and dozens of beach balls all over the place and of course, inflated pink flamingos. When i got home, my purse was full of all kinds of crazy deflated toys!

1 comment:

Zay said...

hrm...

NO FAIR!!

that is all...

:)