Monday, June 25, 2007

Rainy mood


i spent the first few hours of my day stewing over being mad about a conversation that took place over the weekend. I fumed about how i might blog about it, overanalyzed it, self-doubted, self-inflated and whiled away the hours as i drove to Houston for week 3.

Eventually, time and the miles put some distance between my recent frustrations and propelled me toward a better day and attitude.

Alas, as i approached houston, it started raining (again!) and i fumed that it was perfect weather for a pity party. Then, i noticed the oddest thing: I could clearly see a complete rainbow. It seemed strange because it was still raining and no sun , yet i could see the entire arc from one
end to the other. It was huge and i swear it went right over 59 like some sort of St. Louis type Welcome Sign.

I drove right under it. It was the first time i had smiled all day....and was the start of what turned out to be a great day.

3 comments:

Cynda said...

A rainbow! Your angel on the dashboard soothed your mind with a visual gift!

Light out of the darkness.

Zay said...

you get mad?? shut yo mouth...no way! :)

Unknown said...

I am so sick of the rain. I'm going to round some derby girls up, hold some mud-wresting bouts in my backyard, and make some money for HRD. Way better idea than a car wash right now...