Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Enough with the previous depressing post, already!

Things are going great...sorry i haven't updated.

I have Tready with me this week in Clear Lake, so i haven't had the free time like i have in previous weeks. My best-friend-from-high-school's family (my 2nd home in those days) has opened up their house to us for the week. BFF played the "C-card" and got off work, so she came in from Austin, bringing along her little firecracker for Tready to play with. Its been a great week, the two little ones are having a blast...even when they aren't, we are.

The first night here i was introduced to my new fave entertainers of the moment: Flight of the Conchord. I'm too tired to do a link right now, but i think you can find them on www.whatthefolk.com. We watched 3 episodes and that night i dreamt that we all joined their fan club. If you check it out, you are sure to be entertained.

Then, Tuesday i had 2 radiation treatments to make up for missing one on the 4th of July. It was the first time that i felt dizzy/ nauseauousoususus-however-you-spellit. I felt fine after a nap, though....ah, naps. The worst part of this was i missed out on a swimming outing with the kids, but all the doting adults took pix, so i got to see how much fun they had. Tready's on vacation, man!

Today i had my last visit with the Oncologist. He observed that my bump had gotten smaller, which is unusual for a sarcoma. Take that, Knee Bunion! HA! After answering a few questions, he stood up, told me things are looking good for surgery(August 16th), then said "I don't want to have to ever see you again", shook my hand and was gone. Ditto, Doc!

I have been eating really well since i got here; some authentic greek food, some home-made stir-fry yesterday and tonight was Seafood Gumbo. Also, Zoo2 brought over a bunch of chocolate that i have found great comfort in, as well.

Tready has taken to sleeping in The Big Bed. I inadvertantly made this trip without the travel crib, but he'd really outgrown it already. I wasn't sure how well he'd stay in bed, but so far so good. He seems so proud to do Big Boy stuff. Plus, his new friend also sleeps in a Big Bed, which he likes to point out.

Its been fun being back in Clear Lake. For the most part, the area has changed so much that i don't know where i am half the time. Being here with these old friends, however, makes me feel right at home. The walls might be a different color now, and there are toddlers running around instead of teenagers, but so much is still the same. It even smells the same. There is constantly something to laugh about, whether its an old story or watching the kids do something silly and we are eating well!...its been fun. (Or as Zoo2 would say, "Chillaxin'") There is alot to write about here, but i'm too tired to do it justice; another time.

What else? Apologies for quick and to the point; don't want to leave anything out...and i'm ready to crash. Zoo2 and i have been looking at things under a microscope for the last coupla hours and my eyes is tired.

i'm ringing that bell day after tomorrow. Then i'm going HOME!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

you're back in blogging land! i was getting worried, but am very glad to know you were too busy having fun to update your loyal readers. take a pic of you ringing the bell! and YAY FOR BEATING DOWN THAT SARCOMA!!!

your biggest fan,
chrissy