Thursday, July 05, 2007

Trying to Keep my cool....

....not sure if i can do that and write about what just happened...but here goes;

The silence of this lobby was just interrupted by a screaming little girl. Her poor parents...they were having to hold her, kicking and screaming. I noticed that she was bald from chemo. She was probably around tread's age, still learning to talk, but she was very clear with her communication.
"NO!"
"I DON'T WANT TO GO!"
"PUT ME DOWN!"

That little firecracker's voice is still hanging in the air, even though she's gone. She was giving it everything she had to get her point across...it was a shrill, powerful, huge plea. The determination in her face showed experience beyond her years...She's a little warrior and doesn't even know it yet.

i've often mused about children's behavior, thinking itwould be funny if adults did the same things....like laying on the floor to kick and scream if the mood struck. Kids are so honest about how they feel. That little girl was speaking/screaming for all of us sitting in here; we're just keeping it all in.

I'm having a hard time keeping it in now...i pray for that little girl. I pray for her parents. She's a little fighter; keep fighting it, kiddo!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I don't even like to take my kids to get shots! I'm going to the lake for 2 weeks, so I won't be able to keep up with you unless I go to Mom's. I'll tell the turtles hello and maybe I'll canoe to the canal (say that 5 times fast) with a stolen Brian Adams tape and some gum. Or perhaps I'll just see a bug light up in flight. Keep it real, legal ging.

Mary T-Allen said...

You are a warrior, too, Ms. Bauer! Scream all you want; I got your back to anyone who says you're ill-behaved. You've earned some primal behavior for sure. Keep up the good fight.