Monday, July 16, 2007

Only Houston Roller Derby.....

....could motivate me to get back into my car and drive to Houston again!

I had the honor of being invited to whistle the Star Spangled Banner at the opening of the Bout tonight. Although i was a bit nervous, I was able to keep my cool and pulled it off. My high note was a little shakier than i would've liked, but at least i hit it.

I'll always remember this panoramic mental image i've got from turning full circle during the performance, so i could see the audience and the players. Most everyone was standing and looking pretty reverent, then i see Goldy Blox as i scan across the teams; she sticks her tongue out. It was pretty funny....it was so hard not to laugh.

Brad and I left Nacogdoches at 2:30, got in on the guestlist, then left around 8:30 to be home for the babysitter by 12:00. What a whirlwind! I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

5 comments:

carmen geddit said...

Thank you SMACK!
I've never seen anyone whistle a song like that. It was awesome.

Thanks for coming and supporting us. I heard you through with radiation (congrats first) but we'll miss you at practice.

carmen geddit

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for giving us a touch of class! The whole package was beautiful.

Chrissy said...

What an outfit! Mizz Bauer, you never disappoint. I hope you don't mind that I posted your video on my blog - it made my otherwise mundane Monday morning marvelous!

MMMMM!

Chrissy said...

also, in case you don't notice it, i left a sappy comment in reply to the comment you left on my blog. i am a little blog crazy. forgive me!

xoxo

Mary T-Allen said...

Smack, you are now a youtube celebrity--as if you weren't cool enough. And your outfit?! OMG! You rock. I want to be like you when I grow up. I even covet your tattoos. "Why do birds suddenly appear every time your tattoos are neeeeeear? Just like me, they long to be, close to you."