Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I just saw inside myself

Whoa that was weird. I got a package from MD Anderson today, which included a CD with my MRI and CAT scan images. I got an inside look at my lungs and that bastard hitching a ride on my knee.

My report has all sorts of terms and words that i had to look up. I found out the name of the nerve that's likely to be cut: common peroneal nerve.

Unfortunately, I found an informative, albeit extremely graphic website , that has more than you may ever want to learn about this important nerve. (Be warned: i'm feeling quite naseous after looking at it. )

God bless the doctors!~ I can't imagine working with blood and guts for a living.

5 comments:

narnim said...

HOooooLLllllyyyy MOLY!! You shall be Bionic methinks!

Chrissy said...

I would click the link and look at the graphic photos, but after last night's karaoke party I'm already feeling queasy this morning. x_x

Mary T-Allen said...

I told myself when I clicked that link "I'll just skip over the pictures." Of course, I went straight for the pictures and immediately had a full-body shiver like I had just cut open a live chicken. Blech. It's not just your will that's strong Smack--it's your stomach!

Yvette Wilde said...

Great writing! My friend Andrew was diagnosed with the Big C this year - different kind - just as sucky. Here's a good read about him
Andrew The Shedder. He still has a full head of hair but I still call him Fuzzy Wuzzy after the proverbial bear. Thanks for the great blog and for keeping us informed - Hugs and bluebirds, Yvette

Anonymous said...

Be sure to check your home email, we sent some pix!

Your favorite bunch in North Little Rock