Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Sorry to keep you WAITING!

....But that's all i've been doing, with regards to my "condition", that is. Waiting for a phone call, waiting for an appointment, waiting for a plan!
My apologies in the lack of posting lately...but i haven't had any updates to share and i just wanted/needed a little break from talking/thinking/writing about it.

Also, i've been busy having fun while not thinking about it. Friday night, i worked the Project Graduation until 4:30 AM!! I had a pretty durn popular Henna booth, where I lost track of how many i did; ( we think somewhere around 90!) My friend came along to assist by fetching coffee, keeping the kids in line and dancing chipperly to keep us awake. It was after 5 by the time i got to sleep, so i slept in the next day. I rarely get to do this, so it felt great!

THEN, friends started getting to town Saturday for the "Naca-Luau Idol." The annual talent contest was responsible for the Cher song "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves" being permanently imprinted into my head...several of us NRG girls performed that one. I'll have to post some pix, because i just don't think i could describe the fabulous craziness of it all!

I revised The Knack's "My Sharona" Weird Al-style, to "My Sarcoma". I had done a trial run at Derbyoke last week and realized that i really needed to change the lyrics. Only problem was I didn't get around to doing that until right before the party....so i didn't even get to rehearse before performing. >sigh!< I also think it would have been better if i had planned ahead and changed from my 1960's-psuedo-belly-dancer-outfit from the aforementioned Cher song.

I saw my friend R for the first time since her surgery; she looked FABULOUS and i was so glad/proud/impressed to see her there! She epitomizes a tough spirit for me...cancer has not gotten her down! Her dad, either. I'm in good company.

See how all thoughts lead back to this pesky infirmity? I'm ready to get back to "It", i suppose. I had a "care-free" weekend, filled with friends, food and laughter...and its a short week! Time to get busy taking care of business.

I'll try to be better about posting, too. Thanks for your interest.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

glad to see your back on the tubes!

Zay said...

I had a great time at the luau. *sigh* It's too bad we have to wait a whole year for it to be here again. :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Get out and have some fun!

whistlersmother said...

Naca...what-a?? Wish I could have seen you perform "MY SARCOMA". Could this be a something for U-Tube? Thanks for the updates..We all love you dearly...Mommeles