Saturday, May 19, 2007

There's no place like home...there's no place like home....

wow, i didn't realize what a "cliff-hanger" i left on the last blog, until i got a message from Amy saying so; SORRY! During my 3 hour drive home, i continuously thought of things to write to update you all: there's so much, it will take awhile, but i'll get to it. Plus tonight i am UBER tired...

Here's the important stuff, so's i don't leave you hanging anymore....
I had the MRI yesterday ( an entirely different blog later...) and it wasn't really that big o'deal. Since the area is concentrated in my knee, i didn't have to go into the tube that people have warned me about. I could see where it could make you feel claustrophobic, but i didn't have to deal with that.

Now we have to wait for my team of docs in the Sarcoma Center to examine all of the CAT scans, x-rays and MRI's. This should take up to 3 days, so we expect to hear something by midweek.

They should have a plan of action; surgery is a definite, just don't know when. Will there be radiation and if so, when? Has it spread in the knee area or attached to other soft tissue? There are several questions that should be answered by these tests.

i'll be sure and update as soon as i find out. In the meantime, i look forward to sharing my journey with all who care; i'm overwhelmed by your interest and support! It will take me several blogs to express how much of an impact this has had on my life so far....and, in the melodic words of Karen Carpenter: "we've only just begun......"

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Yay! A cliff hanger is worth it when it ends in good news. I'm glad you're home and that things are looking up!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you so chipper! I love reading these blogs...I'm kind of an addict! I am thinking about you!

Mary T-Allen said...

I'm happy you didn't go into the tube, although I hear they give you an iPod and stuff these days--so that's pretty groovy. And in some OTHER words of Karen Carpenter: Why do (blue)birds suddenly appear, every time, you are near? Just like me, they long to be--close to you. :)