Wednesday, October 24, 2007

whoa

The movie I wrote about in my previous blog, Crazy Sexy Cancer, showed tonight on TLC. B came in and told me it was on and i stayed up til 12:00 watching it. Wow.

Some of the things she said:
"Cancer didn't ruin my life~ it taught me how to live."
"I'm not saying cancer is a gift- i wouldn't give it to you- but it's not something about my life that i would change."

If you, dear readers, know of anyone struggling with cancer in their life, you could recommend this movie to them. Whether its someone with a diagnosis, their family or caregivers...its very uplifting.

The film isn't just about Kris Carr's journey; she also interviews several other interesting women about their experiences.

I suppose that all these cancer-related shows could be because October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, even though her cancer wasn't that type. It sure is very timely for me...(Thank You TV! How did you know? Did you and Oprah get together and plan this for lil' ole me? ) I'm in my 4th week of Physical Therapy trying to grapple with everything i've (we've) been through....hearing these people's stories make me feel in good company being a part of this C-Club.

No comments: